Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Downtown Loft and Hot Sales Associate

I went downtown yesterday to check out a loft that was advertised as being in my price range. I didn't bother shaving or dressing particularily well since the last person to show me a loft was a dude. When I walked in wearing my flip flops, t-shirt, and jeans I was greeted by a ridiculously hot sales women at the door. Apparently she miss took me for a homeless person or at the very best a college student because she proceeded to ask me three or four questions clearly designed to make me leave. After explaining that I do not live in a garbage can, have a job, am not looking to rent, and am not a college student she agreed to tell me a little about the properties. While going over the some of the aspects of the loft she hit me with a price that definitely superceded my price range. Since I had worked so hard just to get to this point and she was a super hottie I prentended as if I was still interested in the loft. From there she explained the upgrade options in, what as far as I could tell, was foreign language. For 10 minutes she spoke I nodded like an idiot as if any thing she was saying had meaning to me. I fought the urge to ask if I could replace the granite counter tops with plywood to avoid exposing myself as a fraud. She didn't need to know what a schmuck I really am. After she was done babbling about fancy tiles and stupid lighitng, I walked outside and pretended to examine the building from a distance as if I were considering buying the whole thing. Buying a home is hard enough but when you throw beautiful salespeople it makes it even worse. If I didn't have a girlfriend I might have bought one of these lofts on the spot. Bastards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home